Have you ever wondered how a body cleanse or detox drink works? It’s a great question and we’d like to address at this time the factors that diet bring to the table (literally!) It is important that you know which foods will help during a permanent cleanse to pass a drug test and which foods you should avoid while detoxing.
NOTE: This is NOT a list of suggestions for those who are doing a same day cleanse or detoxing the same day as a drug test. For those people, we recommend sedentary lifestyle and fattier than normal foods the 24-48 hours before your test. The following are suggestions for those doing a longer term permanent cleanse to pass a drug test:
What to Eat While Detoxing:
When cleansing your system, it’s very important that you maintain a strict diet of foods and liquids that don’t interfere with the process, such as:
- Grilled or baked fish
- Chicken and turkey
- Steamed or raw vegetables, like carrots, green beans, etc.
- Salad and balsamic vinaigrette dressing (don’t use any other dressings)
- One banana per day (no other fruits, including tomatoes for best possible results)
- Water and cranberry juice
- Lemon or lime juice (no other seasonings, sorry)
What Not to Eat While Detoxing:
The worst thing you can do when trying to expel toxins from your body is eat foods and drink liquids that produce starches, fats, and sugars, and/or cause the body to retain water. These substances discourage the cleansing process because they cause your body tissue to attract toxins and prevent you from urinating frequently. It follows, then, that you absolutely MUST NOT EAT or DRINK:
- Excessive or full-fat dairy products like milk, eggs, butter, cheese, etc.
- Canned or prepackaged foods (they have high sodium content)
- Bread, pizza, crackers, cereal, etc.
- Fruits (but 1 banana per day is ok)
- Dessert or high calorie foods
- Caffeinated products like coffee, soda, or tea
- Alcoholic beverages
- Spices, seasonings or onions